By Dalia Colon
Lately, I’ve received a lot of questions on my Q&A page about how to get from Point A to Point B without a car. Of course, Florida's public transportation options vary by city, as each has its own infrastructure and transportation businesses, but here are some general suggestions:
- Public transportation: For short trips within town, try the bus or trolley. Google Transit can help you map out a route.
- Bicycle: A handful of cities, including Punta Gorda and Miami Beach, offer bike-sharing programs.
- Shuttle service: Florida Shuttle Transportation offers service between most major cities.
- Amtrak: Last fall, I had my first Amtrak experience… but definitely not my last. It’s convenient and affordable, without the security hassles of flying.
- CVBs: Call the local convention and visitors bureau for advice from the folks who know the city best.
If you have more questions, don't forget to go to VISIT FLORIDA's visitor services section.