By Kara Franker
Dreaming of a destination wedding in Florida? The Marco Island Marriott Beach Resort, Golf Club & Spa has your passport to paradise.
Located on Florida's gorgeous Paradise Coast, the Marriott on Marco Island offers couples a huge sugary sand beach and a staff that will cater to your every whim.
James Davison, Marco Island Marriott's Certified Wedding Planner, is a pro when it comes to ensuring that every detail of your big day is memorable -- from booking a luxurious honeymoon suite to organizing bridal party spa packages and groomsmen's golf outings, and of course, helping you plan the wedding of your dreams.
If a beach wedding is what you desire, then you can't beat a set up like this one:
With the sand beneath your feet, the sunshine above, the sparkling Gulf of Mexico in the backdrop, and your closest supporters with the best view possible -- it's a day you'll never forget.
Pictured here, Jen and Gerry hosted a beautiful beachfront ceremony with their family and friends. In case you need help planning, here's a list of the vendors they used:
- Photographer: New Ground Photography
- Dress: Madeleine’s Daughter
- Rings: Naser Jewelers
- Flowers: Kevin Morris, Botanicals on the Gulf
- Cake: Marco Island Marriott
- Make-up/Hair: Mary Rando, Marco Island Marriott
- Officiant: Reverend Russ Winn
- DJ/Music: Mobile Sound Entertainment
- Wedding Coordinators: Alyssa Durno, Marco Island Marriott & Carrie Darling Events
The Marco Island Beach Resort offers wedding ammenities that include:
- A reserved spot on the beach or lawn
- Marco Island beach resort permit for the ceremony
- Personalized layout for all wedding related events
- White garden folding chairs
- Shoe table, gift table, unity table, seated and standing cocktail tables, and buffet tables
- Event specific directional signage throughout resort
- Back-up space within the resort in case of inclement weather
- Set-up and teardown with choice of resort linens
- Choice of solid color formal floor length table linens
- Maple wood-finished dance floor (indoors only)
- Choice of headtable or sweetheart table
- All New York silver plated flatware
- Undecorated royal Rego dinnerware
- Electrical power
- Glass votive candles to accent cocktail tables
- Easels with black finish
- Food tasting in chef’s office for up to four
When planning your reception, pick your choice of either a buffet (recommended for outdoors) or a plated dinner (recommended for indoors). Both include a four hour premium bar, champagne toast, choice of hors d’ oeuvres, buffet dinner and a wedding cake.
End the night in style with a sparkler send off, like Jen and Gerry did, then retreat to your luxurious honeymoon suite with an ocean view. The staff at the beach resort will accommodate any other events you may want to plan -- like a day-after brunch or a honeymoon send off party.
When You Go: To request a wedding proposal from the Marco Island Beach Resort, click here.
- 3 minute read
Kissing manatees, wedlocked love bugs, reddish egrets wildly dancing in courtship and ospreys happily building their nest together: You can’t...
- 4 minute read
By Jenny Lee Allen Whether you're exchanging vows or just enjoying Florida with your sweetheart, the Sanibel Harbour Marriott Resort & Spa in...
- 6 minute read
By Kara Franker Picture rolling sand dunes that spill onto a crystal sand beach where royal blue waves of the Atlantic Ocean crash against the shore....