By Kara Franker
With its breathtaking sunset views of downtown Miami, La Savina Mediterranean Grill at Mondrian South Beach brings a magical taste of the Mediterranean Sea to Biscayne Bay.
I had the opportunity to dine at the exquisitely designed Florida restaurant, and with its bohemian energy and intimate lantern lighting, it exudes a laid-back but luxurious beach house feel.
La Savina’s team has perfectly captured the natural and abundant flavors found on the Mediterranean coast.
Inspired by the island of Formentera, Spain, Morgan Hotel Group's new restaurant concept brings the free spirit, bohemian sensibility and culinary bounty of the Balearic Islands to South Beach.
Eliciting the spirit of these magical islands, La Savina Miami offers a simple mix of fresh crudos, grilled meats and fish, artisanal charcuteries and some of the best seasonal vegetables in South Florida.
La Savina Miami features an award-winning culinary team led by Morgans Corporate Executive Chef Tien Ho (Momofuku, Best New Chef Food & Wine).
Specializing in simple, highly flavorful chargrilled meats and fish prepared in the classic “a la parilla” style, Chef Ho intends for guests to share their meals and experience “in the style of Mediterranean families, who socialize for hours over beautiful meals with incredibly fresh seasonal ingredients.”
Signature dishes include:
- Crudo offerings like Hamachi with Serrano chili, crispy shallot and lime
- Roasted Carrot Salad with feta, cherry peppers, tomatoes and pistachio vinaigrette
- Valencia Rice with braised kale and slow-roasted tomato
- 24-ounce Niman Ranch Grass-Fed Ribeye
- Whole Florida Yellowtail Snapper “a la parilla” with chargrilled lemon and salsa verde
Signature cocktails include:
- West Avenue made with Bacardi Rum, strawberry cinnamon Falernum and lime
- Roasted Rosemary Old Fashioned made with Old Foster, rosemary and orange bitters
- “Savina Sangrias” including flavors such as Rosemary Pear, Ginger Pineapple and Hibiscus-Lemon
If you go...
La Savina Mediterranean Grill at Mondrian South Beach, is located at 1100 West Avenue in Miami Beach. To book your hotel stay, visit MorgansHotelGroup.com.
- 6 minute read
By Rachelle Lucas Florida is a great destination for foodies, offering locally caught seafood, farm-fresh produce and plenty of exciting new dining...
- 13 minute read
By Janet K. Keeler Florida is the third-most populated state in the country, and you can best believe all those Floridians are looking for good places...
- 10 minute read
By Tom Scherberger The Tampa Bay area is a hotbed of great food experiences, from casual food trucks and late night eats to elegant fine dining. So...