By Lauren Tjaden
“Thank you for your service.”
It’s not uncommon to hear those words, and they’re always welcome. But discounts are an especially sweet way for a business to express gratitude to the military and veterans – whether it’s an airline, a Florida theme park, or a hotel.
Check out these tips and articles that can help you uncover Sunshine State savings.
- If you don’t see a military discount, don’t be afraid to ask if one is offered. Many "hidden discounts" exist.
- The ID required to obtain discounts varies, so make sure to check that you have the correct paperwork in hand.
- In honor of Memorial Day, The Fourth of July and Veterans Day, many Florida parks, attractions and other establishments offer discounts, so check for savings on these holidays
Articles to help you find military discounts in Florida
- Florida Fishing and Hunting License Discounts for the Military
- Flight Discounts to Florida For the Military and Veterans
- Military Discounts at Florida Theme Parks
- Florida Car Rental Discounts for the Military and Veterans
- Florida Tour Discounts for the Military and Veterans
- Places to Stay in Florida that offer Military and Veterans Discounts
- The Military Wallet: themilitarywallet.com/how-to-get-a-military-discount/
- Military.com: military.com/discounts/
Weird, Wonderful Facts About Florida
- 8 minute read
We come across lots of weird and wonderful Florida facts. So we thought we'd share a few. OK, more than a few. You never know ... these Florida...
10 Reasons Why Bradenton is Romantic
- 4 minute read
By Amy Shepherd Nance Here are 10 reasons why the Bradenton area is unbelievably romantic. A little magic isn't difficult to come by in...
10 Ways to Enjoy Sanibel and Captiva Island
- 3 minute read
I send as many people there as I can. That’s because I figure any beach bunny who visits Sanibel and Captiva Islands is going to be twirling...