Here are just a 10 reasons to visit Henderson Beach State Park in Destin:
- Pristine white sugar sand beaches. More than 6,000 feet of natural scenic shoreline bordering the emerald green waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
- Natural features including sand pines, scrub oaks, and dune rosemary.
- Boardwalks that provide access to the beach for swimming, sunbathing, and fishing.
- Four large and two small pavilions for picnicking and grilling.
- A playground for the kids.
- A nature trail that affords visitors rare glimpses of the coastal dune ecosystem and abundant wildlife. The trail is also pet friendly.
- 60 campsites located in a secondary dune system. The sites include water and electric hookups and access to air-conditioned and heated bathhouse facilities. A separate beach access boardwalk with outdoor showers are included.
- Henderson Beach is A.D.A accessible and includes beach wheel chair availability.
- Breathtaking sunsets in the Gulf of Mexico warmth.
Henderson Beach State Park
17000 Emerald Coast Parkway
Destin, FL 32541
- 3 minute read
I enjoyed my recent visit to the Stephen Foster Folk Culture Center State Park in White Springs. This park is definitely "off the beaten...