By Carrie McLaren
At Stingray Bay, you can enter the 20,000-gallon habitat to feed and touch two species of stingrays -- cownose and southern -- and see how they live, eat and survive each day.
Get to know two species of stingrays. -- Gulf World Marine Park
Here are some things to know about the program:
* Cost: $55.
* Participants must be at least 48 inches tall.
* Children under age 10 must be accompanied by an adult.
* The experience includes 10-15 minutes of orientation and 15-20 minutes of in-the-water time with the stingrays.
* You don't have to know how to swim; human participants kneel in the water during the program.
* Two sessions are held each day; reservations are required.
Have fun and learn at the same time here. – Gulf World Marine Park
By the way, you don't need your camera; a staff photographer will record your experience with the stingrays and a CD of images is included in the price of the program.
Stingray Bay, where you can get up close to these wonderful creatures. – Gulf World Marine Park
I’ll never forget the look on my daughter’s face the first time she touched a stingray – reflecting excitement and, maybe, just a tiny bit of fear. It was definitely something she’ll remember forever.
Insider Tip: Gulf World Marine Park is located across the street from the beach. After the show, take a stroll and dip your feet in the water.
If you go...
Gulf World Marine Park
15412 Front Beach Road
Panama City Beach, Fla 32413
- 13 minute read
Escape the long lines and crowded theme parks. These Florida roadside attractions are just as fun but offer unusual twists ranging from shrunken...
- 5 minute read
By Chelle Koster Walton As the sky began to sprinkle with rain, the part-time Walt Disney Resorts employee surprised her out-of-town guests....