INSURANCE TO COVER YOUR EVENT
Weather is what it is, we can’t change that. In truth, the probability that a meeting may be impacted by weather is very low. Nevertheless, the perception held by meeting planners is different. Their reluctance is based on a heightened sensitivity to risk associated with having an event disrupted by a hurricane. To address this perception and to minimize risk, VISIT FLORIDA has developed Cover Your Event insurance. This unique tool has been very successful over the past several years; we insure well over 100 meetings per year with an approximate economic impact of over $30 million per year.
This free program offers coverage that will reimburse a meeting in the unlikely event of a cancellation due to a named hurricane during August, September, October and November 2021. The premium on this insurance is at no cost to you or the organization planning the meeting. We believe that you are in the best possible position when you can refer to this program should hurricane season raise its head as an objection to closing a deal.
Supplemental Hurricane Insurance
- Sublimit per insured event of $100,000 if 100-300 contracted room nights; $150,000 if 301-500 contracted room nights; and $200,000 if over 500 contracted room nights. Available during August, September, October, and November 2021.
- Loss due to named hurricanes only.
- Coverage will pay for room rate differential and any extra expense of rescheduling event. Examples of extra expenses are reprinting of program books, signage, banners, etc.
- Event must be rescheduled in Florida at same or nearest available venue within 12 months.
- If no rescheduled event takes place, there is no claim.
- Lost profits are not a covered loss. To receive a quote on this coverage, visit www.expoplus.net
- VISIT FLORIDA will pay for all premiums.
- Events that will be covered must be submitted to Mercer Consumer by VISIT FLORIDA and confirmed as being covered before coverage is considered bound.
- Offered by Mercer Health & Benefits Administration, LLC out of Chicago, IL.
- Limited availability and subject to insurance carrier approval.
- Meeting move in date must be in one of the covered months: August, September, October, and November 2021.
- This offer is good for meetings that are designed for business purposes only.
- The organization holding the event must have a US mailing address to be eligible for event coverage.
DISCLAIMER: Coverage subject to carrier approval. Coverage additionally cannot be guaranteed if the meeting you have requested CYE insurance for is scheduled to start within twenty-one (21) days from the date you completed your application. Furthermore, any NAMED hurricanes will be excluded from coverage if they already exist at the time of your application.
For more information on this program, please contact email@example.com. Availability for this program is limited and subject to insurance carrier approval.