Post Hurricane Travel Updates
- While Hurricanes Irma, Maria and Nate are long gone, their effects may continue to be felt by those visiting, evacuating, returning home or assisting with recovery efforts.
- For those needing accommodations, rental car or flight availability, go to Expedia.com/Florida and Airbnb.com.
- The Florida State Assistance & Information Line has been activated and is available 24/7 for residents and visitors at 1-800-342-3557.
- For road closures and detour routes, see Florida 511 at http://www.fl511.com/.
- For Federal Aviation Administration major Southeast U.S. airport status, see http://www.fly.faa.gov/flyfaa/semap.jsp.
- For statewide power outages, see map.
- For gas availability, see Gas Buddy at https://www.gasbuddy.com/.
- For Xfinity WiFi hotspots, which are located both indoors and outdoors in places such as shopping districts, parks and businesses, please visit Xfinity.com/wifi.
- For attractions and Florida State Parks open/closed status, see the Florida Attractions Association at https://floridaattractions.org/Public/Public/Events/Hurricane_Irma.aspx.
- To read real-time local updates via Twitter, and view live webcams and recent videos from locations around the state, go to Florida Now on VISITFLORIDA.com.
There is currently no active, ongoing transmission of Zika in Florida. However, residents and travelers should always take precautions to protect against mosquito bites - this is the best way to prevent Zika. To learn more, go to the Florida Department of Health's Zika Free Florida site.