When it comes to gourmet food trucks, the beachside town of Seaside has gone retro.
Lined up along 30A you'll find vintage Airstream trailers with all kinds of mouthwatering delights. According to Seaside founder Robert Davis: "The Airstreams are fun and funky and the size of the place means the proprietors keep it simple."
Here's a list of some of the Airstreams and their menu offerings:
- Barefoot BBQ -- Hormone- and steroid-free BBQ. It will bring back memories of your favorite barbecue growing up.
- Frost Bites -- Serves Hawaiian shaved ice, homemade frozen custard, fresh squeezed lemonade and cold drinks.
- The Melt Down on 30A -- Classic (and not so classic) grilled cheese sandwiches and roasted tomato soup like mom used to make. The grilled pimento cheese sandwich and roasted tomato soup are a fabulous combination.
- Raw & Juicy -- Organic juice smoothies, raw food and healthy beach snacks, including an excellent black bean and avocado salad.
- Wild Bill’s Beach Dogs -- Hot dogs from grass-fed beef from the Five Dot Ranch, as well as family-farmed pork and pasture-raised turkey hot dogs.
To learn more about the vintage Airstreams and Seaside, visit www.seasidefl.com.