By Carrie McLaren
Last summer my family and I spent time at the Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa in the South Walton area.
Located directly on the gulf we loved exploring for shells on the shore splashing in the pool and exploring the trails of the Sandestin Hilton.
Here my five reasons why families will love the Sandestin Hilton:
- Deluxe Junior Suites – The Hilton Sandestin's deluxe junior suites are perfect for families in need of extra space. With a separate sleeping area for little ones kids have their own bunk beds and media center - no more sharing the television!
- Kids Krew and Kids’ Night Out – During the day kids ages 5-12 can take part in activities such as flying kites art projects and even sand-sculpting competitions. When the sun goes down Kids’ Night Out features dinner and fun gatherings like roasting s’mores and movie nights. Additional fees apply.
- Topsail Hill Preserve State Park – Take a short stroll down the beach to this waterfront state park. With 13 miles of trails the park is a part of the Great Florida Birding Trail and home to a variety of wildlife. Check in at the visitor center for bike rentals and then explore the park on wheels.
- Good Eats – Don’t miss the great breakfast buffet at the resort’s Sandcastles restaurant. Barefoot’s Grill features burgers snacks and plenty of seafood for the perfect beachside lunch. If you’re looking for fine dining Seager’s known for seafood and steaks is Destin’s first – AAA Four-Diamond restaurant and located within the resort.
- Beach – The gulf waters at the resort features crystal blue waters – some of the prettiest I’ve ever seen. The soft sugary sand is perfect for sandcastles and relaxing with your feet in the beaches of Northwest Florida. Rent a beach chair and umbrella and watch the waves come in.
If you go...
Hilton Sandestin Beach Golf Resort & Spa
4000 Sandestin Boulevard South
Destin, FL 32550