A Cedar Key Shopping Guide
By Jeanette Scott
Did you know that Cedar Key was recently named one of the top 10 coolest small cities by BudgetTravel.com? This small town on the west coast of Florida (located approximately 2.5 hours north of Tampa) is mostly know for its clam chowder, fishing and old-world charm. But what are the shopping options? I decided to go "digging" (a little clam humor there) to find out!
According to CedarKey.org, the business district is centered around Dock Street and Second Street, but there are also plenty of shops along State Route 24 and on the side streets of Cedar Key. Some highlights include:
- Cedar Key Canvas - a small shop creating handcut and individually crafted totes, purses and handbags, luggage, and duffles.
- Cedar Keyhole - a co-op and gallery featuring local artists' work.
- Cedar Keys Emporium - a coastal cottage shop featuring beachside gifts and jewelry.
- Curmudgeonalia - a bookstore selling Florida books, photographs, bookmarks, games, book ends and more.
- Haven Isle Gift and Glass Shop
- Dilly Dally Gally
Addresses and contact info for these stores is listed here. Looking for shopping malls? Your best bet will be Ocala which is located about 1.5 hours east of Cedar Key, or the Tampa Bay area, which is 2.5 hours south.