Sailo Offers Peer-to-Peer Boat Rentals in South Florida
By Kara Franker
Similar to what Airbnb has done to the home market, peer-to-peer boat rental company Sailo connects boat renters and owners. It's an online marketplace where people can list, find and book boats and licensed captains in minutes.
The company has more than 200 boats that range from smaller vessels to large luxury yachts. Peer-to-peer boat rentals are available in Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Palm Beach and Key West, with more locations coming online soon.
Prices start from about $350 per day and go up depending on the size of the boat. By facilitating contact between boat owners, captains and renters, Sailo offers an easy way for owners to monetize their boats and captains to engage with new customers.
How it works:
1. Visit Sailo.com to search and compare boats by location, price, photos and user reviews.
2. Select your preferred boat and captain in just a few clicks.
3. Submit a booking request to the boat owner and captain and within 24 hours you'll get a confirmation.
4. Communicate directly with the captain to finalize the details.
5. Show up and enjoy your time on the water.
6. After the trip, make sure you leave a review about your experience for the next renter.
￼If you're planning to operate a boat or personal watercraft in Florida, keep boating safety in mind at all times. Once you've fulfilled all your boater education requirements, embark on an adventure and discover Florida's Top 5 boating destinations.