Haute Hotel: Turnberry Isle Miami
By Kara Franker
We're highlighting Haute Hotels across the Sunshine State and here's a gorgeous property located in North Miami that has a triple threat combination of luxury, relaxation and adventure.
A member of the Autograph Collection, Turnberry Isle Miami is a Mediterranean-style retreat with more than 400 luxury guests rooms and suites.
The resort is famous for its contoured fairways and rolling greens on two 18-hole championship golf courses. While many may come for the grand array of activities on the property, no detail has been overlooked when it comes to lavish accomodations.
The property features several luxury guest towers, connected by covered walkways and stone pathways where you'll encounter gardens, fountains and tropical vegetation along the way.
I recommend the Jasmine tower, home to the Member's Club and spacious rooms with balconies that overlook one of the award-winning golf courses.
For an elegant fine-dining experience, make reservations at Michael Mina's Bourbon Steak.
Insider Tip: At Bourbon Steak try the Florida Grassfed Filet Mignon, an American Wagyu cut that melts in your mouth. Other favorite menu items include the Market Oysters and Truffled Mac & Cheese.
The Spa & Fitness Center at Turnberry Isle is a staggering three stories high with a stunning spiral staircase in the middle and floor-to-ceiling glass windows.
The spa has 21 private treatment rooms, a 3,650 square-foot fitness center and a wide variety of treatments and therapies. Enjoy a massage and a facial then head over to the Spa Café for a healthy bite to eat.
Insider Tip: The resort features specials on spa treatments during Miami Spa Month (Aug-Sept).
There's so much to do at the resort for the whole family -- including a lazy river and a water slide!
Here's a list of fun activities and ideas to get you started:
- Play a game of golf on one of the two championship courses.
- Grab an inner-tube and wind around the 1,600 foot lazy river.
- Take a trip down the 35-foot high water slide.
- Book a cabana by the lagoon pool and enjoy a few cocktails.
- Hang out at the beach club and enjoy fantastic views of the Atlantic Ocean.
- Tour the resort's onsite chef's garden and learn about locally grown herbs, fruits and vegetables.
- Go shopping across the street at Aventura Mall.
- Practice your tennis serve or take a private lesson at the Cañas Tennis Academy.
If You Go: Turnberry Isle Miami is located at 19999 West Country Club Drive in Aventura, Fla. For reservations call (305) 932-6200 or visit the resort online at www.TurnberryIsleMiami.com.