Playa Largo Resort & Spa: the Newest Beach Resort in Key Largo
By Kara Franker
Playa Largo Resort & Spa is set to open on Key Largo in the summer of 2015, the first new full-service resort to be built on Key Largo in 20 years.
Inspired by the Florida Key’s ecosystem and natural beauty, the new luxury resort in Key Largo will sit on 14.5 waterfront acres. I couldn’t help but want to get a sneak-peek at the progress, so I went to a lovely sunset soiree held on the property. And here's a shot I took of the sun sinking into the horizon...
The Playa Largo Resort & Spa is the brainchild of Prime Hospitality Group and Shaner Hotels. The resort is the newest addition to the Marriott’s Autograph Collection.
- 154 luxury rooms
- 10 private bungalows and a stand-alone beach house
- Several on-site restaurants and a tropical tiki bar
- Waterfront pool and private beach
- Full-service spa, salon and fitness center
- 6,000 square-foot ballroom
- Tennis and basketball courts
- Kids activity center
- Nature learning center
Here are a few renderings that show what Playa Largo Resort & Spa will look like when finished.