Hawks Cay Resort - Florida Keys Resorts
By: Kara Franker
Escape midway down the island chain of the Florida Keys and you'll discover the secluded isle of Duck Key, home of Hawks Cay Resort.
The family-friendly resort is a 60-acre destination and an ideal vacation spot for couples looking or a romantic getaway and families interested in the quintessential Florida Keys experience.
Located at mile marker 61, Hawks Cay Resort is a member of the Preferred Hotel Group Lifestyle Collection and an AAA four-diamond award-winner. The resort features a total 420 villas and hotel rooms, multiple restaurants, a saltwater lagoon, five swimming pools and a spa. There's also onsite watersports, fishing charters and a dolphin facility. Needless to say, you won't run out of fun things to do.
The main hotel has 177 guest rooms and most accommodations have balconies with ocean views or direct access to one of the pools. There are six room categories: Standard, Island View, Water View, Premium Lanai, Premium King and the Presidential Suite. And a collection of two- and three-bedroom villas are perfect for groups and families. Most villas feature complete kitchens with granite countertops and stainless steel appliances and oversized decks with water views.
From the full-service marina, Hawks Cay Resort offers guests access to some of the world’s finest diving, snorkeling and fishing sites. Popular water sports include kiteboarding, stand-up paddleboarding, guided Jet Ski tours and SNUBA. Other favorite activities include Segway tours, sunset cruises and parasailing.
There are a variety of dining options that showcase multiple concepts and flavors unique to South Florida:
- Signature restaurant Alma features Nuevo Latino cuisine highlighted by a selection of the world's finest rums and cigars.
- Ocean, the resort’s main dining room, offers a family-friendly menu with fresh seafood, salads, pastas and pizzas.
- Beach Grill serves a casual menu of fresh seafood, sandwiches and salads for easy lounge chair-style dining and a stunning oceanfront view.
- Tiki Bar is a great place to enjoy island cocktails and a casual dining experience.
- Indies Grill, located next to the Indies Club, is the perfect stop for quick snacks and drinks for the whole family.
- Island Time, the new lobby gift shop and coffee bar, features a full menu of Starbucks coffee and a plentiful selection of pastries and baked goods.
The resort recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation as part of the re-launch program initiated by Carey Watermark Investors. The company acquired the resort in the fall of 2013 and Pyramid Hotel Group, the resort’s new management company, is overseeing the project. The extensive project touches nearly every aspect of the resort -- from the landscape architecture and exterior reception area to the lobby and rooms. The resort has taken on a coastal casual design, infused with a range of aqua and blue hues that overlap a crisp palette of whites and light grays.
Directions to Hawks Cays Resort
Hawks Cay Resort is located at 61 Hawks Cay Blvd. Duck Key, FL 33050.