Florida Department of Environmental Protection
The Florida Department of Environmental Protection, Florida's lead agency for environmental management and stewardship, is one of the more diverse agencies in state government - protecting our air, water and land. The vision of the Florida Department of Environmental Protection is to create strong community partnerships, safeguard Florida’s natural resources and enhance its ecosystems.
The department is focusing on six strategic goals to help achieve this vision:
* Focus taxpayer resources on projects that provide a direct benefit to the environment and local communities.
* Establish and consistently use clear metrics to evaluate and strengthen the department’s programs, activities and services.
* Partner with communities and businesses to protect natural resources and promote economic growth.
* Improve the quality of natural resources through long-term planning, restoration and maintenance.
* Empower employees to solve problems through innovation and efficiency.
* Proactively communicate a clear and consistent message both internally and externally.