Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens
The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is the largest fine arts museum in Northeast Florida. The Museum was established in 1958, when art collector, garden enthusiast, and civic leader Ninah M.H. Cummer bequeathed her art collection and riverfront home, which she owned with her husband Arthur, to create a museum. Today, the core collection of 60 pieces from Mrs. Cummer's estate has grown to include more than 5,000 works of art. The 1.5 acres of historic gardens, set against the backdrop of the St. Johns River, serve as a centerpiece of beauty for all to enjoy. The gardens were extensively damaged by Hurricane Irma and are currently closed, but reconstruction is taking place, and hopefully will be open again during 2018. In addition, Art Connections, the Museum's nationally recognized interactive education center, enhances the cultural learning of more than 165,000 visitors annually. For more than 50 years, the Cummer Museum has been committed to engaging and inspiring through the arts, gardens, and education. For more information, including hours, visit cummermuseum.org.