Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art
The Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art is located on the Tarpon Springs Campus of St. Petersburg College, just a few miles from the historic Tarpon Springs sponge docks and shops. It is a modern and contemporary art museum featuring works from the 20th and 21st centuries. In addition to its eight permanent collection galleries, the museum hosts a variety of special exhibitions and educational programs. Its award-winning building features an interactive gallery and a museum store providing work for sale by local artists and craftspeople as well as art-themed and exhibition-related products. The museum is named for its original benefactor, Allen Leepa, and houses paintings, sculptures, works on paper, tapestries and stained glass by artists Abraham Rattner (1893-1978), Esther Gentle (1889-1991) and Allen Leepa (1919-2009). Together their work formed the foundation for the Museum's collection of 20th century art by important American and European artists including Pablo Picasso, Marc Chagall, Georges Rouault, Fernand Léger and Henry Moore. More recently, the Museum acquired a majority of the collection of the former Gulf Coast Museum of Art. The Gulf Coast collection includes remarkable sculptures, mixed media works, contemporary glass and works on paper primarily by artists from Florida and the Southeast United States. Docent tours are available at 2 p.m. every Sunday.
*As of April 2019 - Adults – $10; Seniors – $8
Free for members, students with ID, children 17 and under, and active military.
Museum is closed on Mondays and on major holidays.