East Hillsborough Historical Society Museum
Located in the restored 1914 Plant City High School building, the East Hillsborough Historical Society is dedicated to the preservation of the historical and cultural heritage of Plant City and eastern Hillsborough County. The Society maintains a museum and the Quintilla Geer Bruton Archives Center which contains an extensive collection of books, census records, newspapers and other documents, as well as historic photographs. On the building's grounds is a "Cow Cavalry" unit monument erected in 2007. Formed to defend Florida cattle herds from Union raiders, the names of area residents who served in the unit are listed on the monument.