Crooked River Lighthouse
Listed on the National Register of Historic Places, this 103 foot iron and steel structure is the tallest lighthouse on the Forgotten Coast. It was built in 1895 to guide ships through East Pass between Dog Island and St. George Island. The reconstructed Lighthouse Keeper’s House is a museum that features history and science exhibits and a gift shop. Located 2 miles west of the Carrabelle Bridge, 1/2 miles west of Carrabelle Public Beach Park.
Keeper's House Museum hours: W-F, 11-5; Sat, 9-5; and Sun 1-5.
Tower Climb hours: W-F, 11-4; Sat, 9-4; and Sun, 1-4. $5. Must be 44 inches tall.
Picnic and playground area is open dawn to dusk.
Large group tours are welcome, but please call in advance, 850.697.2732. Tour buses welcome. Planning a wedding? Consider exchanging your vows at the top of the lighthouse! Call 850.697.2732 for details.
Tower Height (ground to top of lantern): 103 feet.
Type of construction: cast iron skeletal tower.
Construction materials: iron and steel.
Number of steps (ground to lantern room): 138.
Shape: square, pyramidal, skeletal tower.
Lower half white, upper half dark red, black lantern.
Original Lighting Apparatus: fourth-order open. Bivalve revolving lens.