Robinson Jenkins Ellerson (R.J.E.) High School
The earliest black school in Bradford County began in a one-room structure on State Road 100 near the Brymer Settlement. When that building burned, the Robinson Jenkins Ellerson structure was built in 1913. Under the direction of three men: the Reverend James Robinson, Robert Ellerson, and Professor A. O. Jenkins, Sr., four lots and building materials were purchased so that a school could be constructed for black youth. Patrons constructed the two-story building, with two classrooms downstairs and an assembly-classroom combination upstairs. The last class graduated in 1969 when the school closed to adhere to the 1954 Brown vs. Board of Education decision. The building now houses an alternative school.