Cask & Larder Now Open for Lunch
By Rachelle Lucas
If you couldn't wait until nights or weekends to indulge in Cask & Larder's mouth-watering southern fare, then wait no more. Everyone's favorite Southern Public House is now open for lunch. Chef de Cuisine, Rhys Gawlak, is heading up lunch and the menu is delicious! Consisting of salads, sandwiches, fixin's & composed plates with prices ranging from $6 - $18, it's tempting to order several things on the menu just to taste it all and share
Here's just some of the delicious items I got to get a glance of and sample at last week's preview:
- Pimento Cheese Fries with pickled gypsy peppers and scallions.
- Lamb Ribs with green tomato yogurt and burnt coriander honey.
- Melon Salad with farro, goat cheese, and fresno vinaigrette.
- Heirloom Tomatoes with cucumber, salty dog cheddar, red wine vinaigrette, crispy black-eyed peas, and pickled red onion.
- Trout with farro succotash, smoked tomatoes, and frisee.
- Rabbit Meatloaf with potato puree, marinated mushrooms, crispy haricot verts, pickled quail egg.
I love that there are some delicious guilt-free options like the trout and melon salad. And for dessert they offer a trio of house-made sorbets with Peach, Key Lime, and Raspberry. (Flavors change regularly depending on what produce is in season.)
If you're headed there for a long lunch or happy hour, definitely sip one of their creative cocktails. My favorite -- the C&L Lemonade made with enlightened grain tea and sage infused vodka, house pink lemonade, and fever tree ginger beer.
For more information or to make reservations, check out all their details below.
Cask & Larder
New Lunch Hours:
Wednesday - Saturday 11:30am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Wednesday - Sunday 5:30pm - 10:00pm
Bar Late Night Menu:
Wednesday, Thursday 10:00pm- 11:00pm
Friday, Saturday 10:00 - 11:30
Sunday Brunch: 10:30 am - 3:00 pm
Location: 565 West Fairbanks Avenue, Winter Park, FL