10 Free Things to Do in Pensacola
By Dalia Colon
The livin' in Florida is easy... free and easy.
If you'll be in the Pensacola Bay area, here are top 10 free things to do in Pensacola, courtesy of our friends at Visit Pensacola.
1. Swim in the emerald waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
2. Explore the world-renowned National Naval Aviation Museum.
Note: The National Naval Aviation Museum is open Monday through Sunday from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. to current Department of Defense (DoD) ID cardholders. Access to NAS Pensacola is limited to current Department of Defense (DoD) ID card holders (active-duty service members, retirees, and their families) and Veterans who possess a Veterans Health Identification Card (VHIC) from the Department of Veterans Affairs that displays the Veteran’s eligibility status. DoD ID card holders can escort guests as part of the Trusted Traveler Program, but must remain with their guests at all times. Unless sponsored through the Trusted Traveler program, no civilians will be granted access onto the base until further notice, and thus will not be able to access the National Naval Aviation Museum. Call 850-452-8450 for answers to your questions about visiting the museum and attending Blue Angels practice air shows.
3. Enjoy a free outdoor concert during the Bands on the Beach series.
4. Catch beads at the Fiesta Days Parade downtown in June.
5. Watch the world-famous Blue Angels perform stunts at the Pensacola Beach Air Show.
6. Celebrate the Fourth of July at the waterfront fireworks show.
7. Take your four-legged friend for a romp at Bayview Park Dog Beach.
8. Stroll through dozens of art shops and restaurants during the monthly Gallery Night downtown.
9. Explore Civil War history at Fort Barrancas.
10. Collect seashells on the sugar-white beaches.
For lots more bargains on attractions, restaurants, accommodations and more, check out Visit Pensacola's Deals and Coupons page.