North Florida Beach Towns - Atlantic Beach, FL
By Terry Ward
Atlantic Beach, a sandy suburb of Jacksonville, is one of my favorite North Florida beach towns. Have a look at some photos I shot during a visit here last year. And planning a vacation to Atlantic Beach is more tempting than ever, ever since the elegant One Ocean Resort Hotel & Spa opened its doors right on the oceanfront in May 2008.
5 Things to Do While in Atlantic Beach
Here are a few of the myriad reasons I recommend this classy, upscale-yet-casual beach town for your winter escape:
- You can park your car for the duration of your stay, and follow the lead of the locals for transport -- rent a beach cruiser to pedal to nearby shops and restaurants (you can easily walk to them, too) and cruise the beautiful surrounding neighborhoods lining the oceanfront.
- From wine bars to sushi spots, the restaurants of Atlantic Beach and Neptune Beach (right next door) offer something for everyone.
- The cultural and historical highlights of Jacksonville, St. Augustine and Fernandina Beachare a short drive away, for interesting daytrips.
- The beaches fronting the One Ocean Resort Hotel & Spa are empty and beautiful -- and get even more so the further north you stroll!
- The Seashell Massage at One Ocean's Spa offers an oceanic spin on traditional hot stone massage = BLISS
Enjoy Atlantic Beach!