Hotels in Fernandina Beach & Amelia Island That Offer Military Discounts
By Lauren Tjaden
Serving your country often comes at a personal cost -- and these hotels in Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach, FL recognize that.
It can mean leaving your family behind. You might miss your daughter’s birthday party, or you might miss her birth altogether. You might find yourself in a strange country, one that is freezing cold or boiling hot, or one that is mostly the color of dust. You might have duties like filling holes in the pavement or scrubbing toilets.
And then there is the possibility that you may be asked to die.
We all owe our military members a big ‘thank you,’ but Amelia Island is going way beyond lip service to show its gratitude.
Twenty-one hotels in Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach, FL and those who stage activities have banded together to offer a variety of discounts and special rates for military personnel. Billed collectively as the ‘Seaside Salute,’ these special offers include savings of up to 20 percent for active duty, reserve and retired members of the U.S. Armed Forces and their families.
Consistently voted one of the Top 10 North American Island's in Conde Nast Traveler's Reader's Choice Awards for seven consecutive years, Amelia Island offers empty sweeps of sand, graceful dunes, and the charming, historic village of Fernandina Beach. It’s an ideal location for a welcome home celebration, leisure trip or family getaway, or a place to base yourself to learn about the military history of North Florida.
I think a trip to the beach is in order!
Hotels in Amelia Island & Fernandina Beach FL
Seaside Salute offers include:
▪ The Addison on Amelia (14-room boutique inn) – 15 percent off for active duty military
▪ Amelia by the Sea (oceanfront condominiums) – 20 percent off for active and retired military
▪ Amelia Hotel at the Beach (family-owned, oceanview hotel) – Rates starting at $69
▪ The Amelia Island Williams House (southern Victorian inn) – 15 percent off for active duty military
▪ Amelia River Cruises and Charters (sightseeing tours) – 15 percent off for active duty military
▪ Amelia South Condominiums (beachfront, on South Fletcher Ave) – 20 percent off for active and retired military
▪ Amelia Surf and Racquet Club (oceanfront condos) – 15 percent discount for active and retired military
▪ AmeliaVacations.com by ERA Fernandina Beach Realty (vacation rental homes and condos) – 20 percent off
▪ Beachside Motel Inn (the island’s only oceanfront motel) – 15 percent off
▪ Blue Heron Inn (six-room B&B) - 15 percent off for active duty military personnel
▪ Comfort Suites (located steps from Main Beach) – 15 percent off for military personnel
▪ Elizabeth Pointe Lodge (#15 Florida resort by Conde Nast Traveler) – 15 percent off active duty military
▪ Fort Clinch State Park (19th century fort) – 25 percent discount on annual entrance passes for active and honorably discharged military
▪ Hampton Inn Amelia Island at Fernandina Beach (one block from the beach) – $82 rate for military
▪ Hampton Inn & Suites Amelia Island (Fernandina Beach historic harbor-front hotel) – $83 plus tax for active duty
▪ Hoyt House (elegant, 10-room inn) – 15 percent off for active duty military
▪ Oceans of Amelia (oceanfront units with private balcony) – 20 percent off
▪ Omni Amelia Island Plantation (1,350-acre beach resort) – 15 percent off prevailing rate
▪ Key North, LLC (nature tours by boat) – Complimentary additional hour with purchase of a four-hour adventure (20 percent discount)
▪ Residence Inn Amelia Island (area’s newest hotel) – Rates starting at $105 for active or retired military. Includes $25 dining/entertainment voucher. Use code GX7.
▪ Summer Beach Resort (condominium accommodations with resort amenities) – 20 percent off