Florida Bloggers You Should Know About
By Lauren Tjaden
Beach bunnies of a feather flock together. Or something like that.
Let me explain.
Florida’s beaches and adventures occupy a large portion of my life. I stroll the shores, gallop the fields and fly the sky. I dream of sand, horses and clouds, and imagine ways to share them with you.
I’m obsessed with being in-the-know about beaches and adventures. But I’m also about obsessed about knowing about others who know about them.
These folks inspire me, give me ideas, and sometimes they discover secrets I haven’t yet uncovered.
Here are some Sunshine State bloggers you should know about.
A shell state of mind
- I Love Shelling is the brainchild of Pam Rambo, who knows everything about seashells: where to find them, when to hunt for them, and how to identify and preserve your treasures. You can even go on a personal shelling trip with Pam.
Life’s a beach
- David McRee, aka the BeachHunter, was my predecessor in the beaches department at VISIT FLORIDA. This expert’s Blog the Beach offers insights about Sunshine State beaches. David is the author of a popular e-book on beach safety as well as an oh-so-useful traditional book, BeachHunter’s Florida Gulf Beaches Access Guide.
Take a hike
- If you like to go for walks, you need investigate Florida Hikes. It reveals tons of Florida beach hikes, including videos, photos and details about any fees. Plus how many bugs might be sharing the trail with you, the general vibe and detailed directions.
The Ultimate Insiders
For the ultimate in snagging personal tips to help you plan your Florida getaway, check out the VISIT FLORIDA Insiders, individuals who specialize in everything from luxury to golf to smart travel.
- This tiny dynamo has appeared on the Today show and in the pages of Marie Claire and Self magazines. She dishes on fashion, beauty, and entertainment in publications that include DailyCandy Miami, Z-Life Magazine, Six Degrees, Zink, World Red Eye and more. Not to mention her own Electric Blogarella, a must-read for fashionistas. ‘Major wow factor’ doesn’t begin to explain it!
- If you like the road less-travelled, you’ll love Gary. He’ll introduce you to the Sunshine State's most offbeat and unknown locales, people and events, and help you discover Old Florida in a new way.
- Our state’s richest resource is its vast diversity of cultures. Jodi, who has spent 25 years working as a journalist in Florida, will reveal the worlds of Crackers, conchs, Bahamians and more to you.
- Indulge in the lavish side of life with Kara. She’ll help you find glamorous resorts and take you to charity galas and trendy nightclubs. She’ll even reveal the most luscious spots for your destination wedding.
- From food trucks to fine dining, life is always tasty -- and always an adventure -- with Rachelle. This foodie, who has been featured on The Travel Channel, will help you to find and taste the best of Florida. For more delicious fun, check out Rachelle’s ongoing recipe collection at TheTravelBite.com.
- A professional golfer since 2009, Carling competes on the LPGA, Symetra, and Ladies European Tours. Proving she can perform under pressure, this talented young lady even won the Golf Channel's Big Break. Based in West Palm Beach, she’ll show you her favorite Florida courses.
- Your whole gang will adore travelling with Carrie, her husband and their two children. Join them on their trips to every corner of the state to discover family-friendly fun and food.
- Who doesn’t love a bargain? Dalia finds deals everywhere -- on resorts, restaurants, adventures and more -- and she’ll share her secrets with you.
- People joke that when Kevin’s locked inside too long, he starts to get itchy. But that doesn’t often happen. Kevin spends most of his days paddling, biking and hiking the great outdoors. And you can discover it all with him.