Looking for new ways to enjoy the charming town of Dunedin? Here are three ideas that won't break the bank.
1) Dunedin Green Market: Enjoy prepared foods, browse fresh produce, check out arts and crafts, and catch live entertainment at this weekly festival in downtown's Pioneer Park. The market takes place Fridays and Saturdays from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. Details can be found at DunedinGov.com.
2) Main Street: While you're downtown, browse the galleries and boutiques along Main Street. To buy postcards or to get more suggestions on places to go, stop by the Dunedin Chamber of Commerce at 301 Main St.
3) Dunedin Brewery: The locavore movement is about more than knowing where your food comes from. It's also about knowing where your drink comes from. Dunedin Brewery, Florida's oldest continually operating microbrewery, has up to 26 beers on tap at any given time. Get the lowdown during the 15-minute tour, which is offered Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays at 5 p.m. The $5 tour fee includes a souvenir mug and – woohoo! – samples. Oh, and there's food, too. The lunch and dinner menu includes burgers, wings and such. There's also live music many nights. Find the beer list, music schedule and more at DunedinBrewery.com.
4) Caladesi Island Ferry: Dunedin is home to Honeymoon Island State Park, which is nothing to sneeze at on its own. Once you're there, go to the next level with a trip to serene Caladesi Island State Park, which Dr. Beach crowned America's Best Beach in 2008. To find out why, take the ferry from Honeymoon Island to Caladesi Island for $14 roundtrip. Learn more at FloridaStateParks.org/CaladesiIsland.
5) Toronto Blue Jays: Spring training runs March 3 to April 3, 2012, at Dunedin's Florida Auto Exchange Stadium. Tickets start at $15. Get the schedule and tickets at MLB.com.