Five Florida Adrenaline Adventures
Is high adventure is your idea of a high time? These five Sunshine State Adventures are designed to thrill!
- Hang Gliding: So where are the mountains? You don’t need them to go tandem hang gliding here! You and your instructor will tow up to altitude behind a Light Sport Aircraft, and then soar down while enjoying spectacular views. Check out this great video of me taking VISIT FLORIDA Sports Insider Sam Jordan for a flight.
- Kiteboarding: Combine paragliding with wakeboarding and you wind up with this wild, windy adventure. The Florida Keys boast a boatload of shallow, glassy water and smooth breezes, making them an ideal location to learn this sport.
- Skydiving: The Sunshine State, with its abundance of flat fields and balmy winters, is made for plummeting from the sky. Here’s a video of me trying it at Skydive City in Zephyrhills.
- Surfing: You can have a swell time making waves! If you’re just learning, splash over to Cocoa Beach to enjoy gentle, consistent conditions. Hot shots should head to New Smyrna Beach or Sebastian Inlet.
- Zip Lining: Glide over the forests and swamps in this fun-for-the-whole-family adventure at Forever Florida in Saint Cloud. Check out my video-blog highlighting it.