Top 5 Cheap Golf Courses in Florida
By Tim McDonald
Thinking about coming to golf in Florida, but don't want to break the bank? Green fees in Florida are very reasonable to begin with, especially compared to other golf hotspots in the country. However, these cheap golf courses in Florida stand out when it comes to value received for the money you pay.
Here are my top five cheap golf courses in Florida, and believe me this was not an easy list to whittle down. I've played them all and can vouch for every one of these Florida golf deals. This doesn't mean the courses listed here have the absolute cheapest green fees. It means you get more for what you pay, while still being - there's no other way to say it - cheap!
Top 5 Florida Golf Deals
- World Woods is in Hernando County, a region known for value, but this course stands out above the rest. One of the best courses in the country, you can play here for as low as $32 and occasionally $20.
- Victoria Hills is a terrific course, one of the better layouts in Florida, and $55 is the most you'll pay, with rates dipping as low as $26. Course officials are also very active with various discount programs.
- Crandon Golf is one of ex-Governor Jeb Bush's favorite courses and it's easy to see why. It's a pristine island environment on Key Biscayne with beautiful views of the Miami skyline, and challenging to boot.
- The Golf Club at Fleming Island is an upscale course in Orange Park with workingman green fees. It was once named the fifth best new affordable golf course in America by Golf Digest.
- Hilaman Park is a municipal course in Tallahassee that starts out slowly, but then morphs into a picturesque track with surprising elevation changes. You can play here for as low as $10, if you like to walk, or $20 to ride.