The Top-Five Golf and Spa Resorts in Florida
Attention male golfers: No need to look over your shoulder to see if someone is watching you read this. Spas are not just for women anymore. Studies show men are enjoying spas more and more these days with less and less embarrassment.
Still, when it comes to vacation getaways, it's the ladies who more often than not emphasis the spa more than the golf. I figure it evens out, with the males wanting a great challenge on the course as well as a soothing massage afterward.
This is one of the more difficult lists I've had to research because Florida has so many world-class resorts which offer both golf and spa services. I've tried to emphasize both equally, But, enough of me whining, here are the top-five Florida golf and spa resorts.
- Ritz-Carlton Orlando Grand Lakes: A Greg Norman-designed golf course that's one of the best in central Florida and a spa with 40 treatment rooms, a private, 4,000-square foot heated indoor lap pool, salon, boutique and cafe.
- La Playa Beach and Golf Resort: A superb course and a true beachfront boutique spa with outdoor Japanese relaxation tubs.
- Turnberry Isle Miami Resort and Club: Two, on-property golf courses, the Soffer and Miller, featuring the largest waterfall in the state, as well as the exceptional Willow Stream Spa.
- Ponte Vedra Inn and Club: Two rather short but elegant and scenic golf courses and more than a hundred "beauty and pampering services," all hard by the Atlantic Ocean in well-heeled and golf-crazy Ponte Vedra.
- Sandestin Golf and Beach Resort: Four golf courses, two of them among the best in Northwest Florida, and an excellent spa that offers services from salt glo body treatments to aromatherapy facials.