Florida's Best Driving Ranges & Golf Practice Facilities
By Tim McDonald
So, it's the New Year and you've made resolutions to quit smoking, lose 20 pounds and become a better human being, as well as a better golfer.
Yeah, me too.
In order to do that, we both know what we need to do. No more getting out of the car, hitting a few obligatory, practice balls and heading for #1.
Dude, you need to practice at these Florida driving ranges and best golf practice facilities. I mean, really practice. That's what I'm here for, to make you a better golfer, since I can't make you a better human without getting all preachy.
Here are the top five best golf practice facilities in the state.
Florida Driving Ranges & Practice Facilities
- World Woods has a 20-acre, circular driving range with grass hitting stations that feature target greens and fairways and practice bunkers with native and white sand. It also has three practice holes and a two-acre putting course. Golf Magazine ranked it the best in the world.
- Orange County National features a 360-degree, 42-acre driving range with 600 total tee spaces. It also has a 22,000 square foot putting green that's lighted at night, along with an 18-hole putting course and short game area.
- You would assume TPC Sawgrass, home to the PGA Tour players, would have a great practice facility and you'd be right. It has a large, double-ended range, pristine putting and chipping greens and well-kept practice bunkers. There is also the Tour Academy, if you're interested, with indoor hitting bays.
- The PGA Golf Club in Port St. Lucie offers a 35-acre Learning Center with 100 grass hitting areas arranged in a semicircle around targets. There are also putting, chipping and pitching greens along with different types of bunkers with different types of sand. Three practice holes get you loose. A full-day session costs $20 and that includes all the practice balls you want. It's $50 for a weekly pass.
- (Tie) Grand Cypress has an excellent 21-acre practice facility and PGA National has three practice areas with 150 hitting stations. Both are great places to improve your game.