The Seas with Nemo & Friends at Epcot
By Carrie McLaren
In addition to a fun ride surrounded by Nemo and friends and the popular, interactive Turtle Talk with Crush show, The Seas is also home to a 5.7-million-gallon saltwater aquarium with some pretty spectacular marine and aquatic life.
With sea turtles, sting rays, dolphins, manatees, and incredible numbers of fish, I could stay there for hours talking to the experts found around the aquarium.
Some fun facts about The Seas:
- The aquarium is so large you could fit the entire Epcot ball inside and still have foom to drive a Disney bus around it.
- The aquarium is 26 feet deep and 203 feet in diameter.
- The aquarium is the second-largest the United States, just behind the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta.
- More than 42 species and approximately 1,200 animals call The Seas at Epcot their home.
- The aquarium windows are made of acrylic and vary from 5.5 to 8 inches thick, and are held into place by water pressure.
- Water temperature varies between 75-78 °F
And in addition to the fish and animals, be on the lookout for Hidden Mickeys in the aquarium. In past visits, I've seen a Hidden Goofy, too.
The Seas with Nemo & Friends is a fantastic place to sneak in some learning while you're on vacation.