Ponte Vedra Inn & Club Oceanfront Resort
By Kara Franker
The village of Ponte Vedra Beach, 20 miles southeast of Jacksonville, is a picturesque, seaside escape. And the Ponte Vedra Inn & Club and The Lodge & Club offer a luxe vacation getaway for families, couples and groups.
History of the Resort
Once a lively mining town supporting the U.S. efforts during World War I, Ponte Vedra Beach began to transform into a seaside community in the early 1920s. Land planners took note of the pristine wilderness, comprised of crescent-shaped sand dunes and abundant natural wildlife. Soon, pastel-colored homes with tree-shaded yards began to pop up along the shoreline. The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club opened in 1928 and quickly became the premier vacation destination for wealthy American families.
The Ponte Vedra Inn & Club featured 250 rooms, including 33 spacious suites, situated in 10 low-rise cottages along the beachfront. The best rooms in the house still feature panoramic ocean views. Rooms features elegant decor, designer furnishings, private patios or balconies and nightly turndown service.
Delicious Dining Options
- Seahorse Grille: The resort's signature restaurant is located high atop the Surf Club and features wide ocean views. Enjoy an upscale but casual atmosphere featuring bold fresh and local menu options for dinner and Sunday brunch.
- The Seafoam Dining Room: Opt for an elegant dinner experience in this plush, romantic room with dark wood throughout and a cozy fireplace. Dinner reservations are available on Saturdays from 6 to 10 p.m.
- Inn Dining Room: Enjoy a breakfast spread in this beautifully ornate and historic setting, served daily from 7 to 10:30 a.m.
- The Golf Club Restaurant: Nosh on casual and light fare for lunch or dinner while overlooking the par-three "island" Ponte Vedra beach golf hole.
- The Tavern: Sip cocktails and enjoy eclectic small plates in this stylish lounge area.
- Surf Club Patio: Take a seat under a bright umbrella and dine on casual sandwiches and salads for an outdoor lunch experience. (Open seasonly from March through October).
- High Tides Bar: Kick back with a beach view and and sip on a frozen cocktail.
The Lodge & Club also features dining experiences. Enjoy al fresco dining at The Oasis, light bites at the Barefoot Bistro Food Truck or afternoon tea during High Tea Hour, daily from 3 to 4 p.m.
Oceanfront Activities Abound
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club occupies a beautiful stretch of sand, offering the perfect place for some much-needed beach time. Bask in the sunshine in a lounge chair or go for a bicycle ride and explore the charming surrounding community. Bicycles for both adults and children are available for rent.
Go for a swim in the ocean or take a dip in one of the resort's multiple pools. Families will enjoy the large pool featuring a seven-foot-high water slide, separate swim area with lanes for swim team competitions and a children's wading pool.
Featuring the region's largest spa with 30,000 square feet, The Inn is the perfect place to rewind and seek rejuvenation. At the spa you'll find an elegant lobby, soaring ceilings, waterfalls and a menu of more than 100 beauty pampering services. For a romantic escape, book the couple's massage.
For those who like to tee off, you'll be happy to learn Ponte Vedra is recognized as one of the golf capitals of the East Coast. The Ocean Course and Lagoon Course are located on-site and you'll find meandering lagoons, green fairways and a refreshing sea breeze.
If you go...
Ponte Vedra Inn & Club is located at 200 Ponte Vedra Boulevard, Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082. For reservations call 904-285-1111.