Palm Tree Villas on Anna Maria Island: Where Homey Meets Modern
By Dalia Colon
Nothing against hotels, but I love homey travel accommodations. So when my friend Diana and I decided to go on a girls' getaway to Anna Maria Island last weekend, we booked a stay at Palm Tree Villas.
Tucked away on a residential street, the property comprises six units, from studio apartments to three-bedroom, three-bathroom suites.
Each unit includes a kitchen or kitchenette with granite countertops, appliances and dishes – perfect for budget travelers looking to save on food costs.
But the villas would also appeal to folks with champagne tastes. When Diana and I stepped into our studio rental, we couldn't stop saying, "This place is so cute!"
"We try to strike a balance between homey and modern at the same time," says Ashok Sawe, who owns the villas with his wife, Peggy.
- Private patios
- Free laundry room
- Barbecue grill, wagons and beach chairs to take to the beach... which is just down the block! (Ask about scheduling a waterfront massage or sailboat cruise.)
- Gift baskets complete wtih stamped postcards
- B&B-style guestbooks. (I always love reading those!)
- Connecting suites for multi-couple and multi-generational family vacations.
- Flat-screen TVs.
- Swimming pool.
- Solar panels that heat and cool the place.
"We host a lot of families with children," Ashok told me. "A lot of them will cry when they're leaving."
I don't blame them.
To book your stay at Palm Tree Villas, go to PalmTreeVillas.com or call 941-778-0910.
Through mid-December, if you book three nights, you'll get a fourth night free. Also ask about these packages – Girlfriends' Getaway, Eco-Adventure, Romance the Soul and Island Getaway – or design your own!