Will Seccombe is President and Chief Executive Officer for VISIT FLORIDA. In this role, Mr. Seccombe leads the state’s destination marketing organization in partnership with the VISIT FLORIDA Board of Directors and the statewide tourism industry.
Mr. Seccombe joined VISIT FLORIDA in March 2008 as Chief Marketing Officer.
As the Official Tourism Marketing Corporation for the State of Florida, VISIT FLORIDA was created by the Florida Legislature in 1996 as a public/private partnership. VISIT FLORIDA’s mission is to promote travel and drive visitation to and within Florida, supporting its vision to establish the Sunshine State as the #1 travel destination in the world. In so doing, VISIT FLORIDA adds value and creates value for its statewide tourism industry Partners through cooperative destination marketing programs both domestically and internationally.
Mr. Seccombe has over twenty-three years of professional experience including nineteen years in the Colorado tourism industry. His tourism marketing career began as regional sales manager with Vail Associates, Inc. in 1989. He went on to serve as director of marketing for Loveland Ski Areas with Clear Creek Skiing Corporation in 1992, vice president of marketing for the Denver Metro Convention & Visitors Bureau in 1995 and vice president and chief operating officer with PRACO, LTD in 1999. In 2004, Mr. Seccombe founded Revolution Communications, LLC, a travel marketing firm based in Denver, Colorado.
In 2011, Mr. Seccombe was named one of the “Top Twenty Five Most Extraordinary Minds in Sales & Marketing” by the Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International.
Mr. Seccombe has been a member of and served on the leadership boards of numerous national, regional, state and local trade associations and organizations. He is currently active in the following travel organizations:
- Brand USA Marketing Advisory Council: Vice-Chair
- U.S. Travel Association Executive Committee: Member
- U.S. Travel Association Board of Directors: Member
- U.S. Travel Policy Council: Member
- National Council of State Tourism Directors: Member
- Association of Travel Marketing Executives: Member
- Destination Marketing Association International: Member
- Hospitality Sales & Marketing Association International: Member
- Travel and Tourism Advisory Council, Miami Branch of the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta: Member
- National Western Association: Member
In 1989, Mr. Seccombe received a Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration and Marketing from the Southern Methodist University Edwin L. Cox School of Business. He and his wife, Maryanna, have four children, Elizabeth, Bo, Katie and Caroline.