This Masonry Vernacular structure, one of the oldest buildings in the city, was built in 1924. It was the first black school in Fort Lauderdale and named in honor of James H. Dillard, a philanthropist, educator and promoter of education for blacks. Now a museum, exhibits include a recreated historic classroom, art display and artifacts of local African American heritage.
Read More >>
1004 NW 4th St. Fort Lauderdale, FL 33311
- Phone: 954-322-8828
View Website >>