The Cummer Museum of Art & Gardens is the largest fine arts museum in Northeast Florida. The Cummer was established in 1958, when art collector, garden enthusiast and civic leader Ninah M.H. Cummer bequeathed her art collection and riverfront home, which she owned with her husband Arthur, to create a museum.
Today, the core collection of 60 pieces from Mrs. Cummer's estate has grown to include nearly 5,000 works of art. The 1.5 acres of historic gardens, set against the backdrop of the St. Johns River, serves as a centerpiece of beauty for all to enjoy. In addition, Art Connections, the Museum's nationally recognized interactive education center, enhances the cultural learning of more than 110,000 visitors annually.
For the past 50 years, the Cummer has been committed to engaging and inspiring through the arts, gardens and education. For more information, including hours, visit www.cummer.org.