Established in 1840, this cemetery is the burial place for many of Leon County's most prominent families. Among those buried here is Theodore W. Brevard, who raised a Partisan Ranger Battalion at the beginning of the war that became part of the 11th Florida Infantry. In March 1865, Brevard was commissioned a brigadier general, the last general officer of the war appointed by Confederate President Jefferson Davis. He was captured at the Battle of Sailor's Creek, Virginia in April 1865 with half of the remnants of the Florida Brigade. Also buried here is Captain Patrick Houstoun, who commanded a Confederate artillery battery at the Battle of Natural Bridge; William D. Bloxham, who organized an infantry company from Leon County in 1862, commanded it throughout the Civil War and served two separate terms as Governor of Florida in the postwar period; and David S. Walker, who was appointed Governor of Florida by President Andrew Johnson in 1865 and governed the state during the first three years of Reconstruction.