San Pedro was a 287-ton Dutch-built ship which sailed as part of the fleet of New Spain in 1733. Her remains were discovered in 1960 under 18 feet of water in Hawk Channel near Indian Key. After major salvaging efforts in the 1960s, all that remains of San Pedro is a large pile of ballast stones covering an area 90 feet long and 30 feet wide. The site has been enhanced with seven replica cannons, an anchor and an information plaque.
Approximately 1.25 nautical miles south of Indian Key Islamorada, FL 33036