A doubled-sided State Historical Marker for "The White House/Pleasants Woodson White" contains details on this house which was constructed in 1843 and remodeled to its present appearance in 1856. During the Civil War, this house was the residence of Pleasants W. White who served as a major in the Confederate army and as the Chief Commissary Officer for Florida. It was in the latter role that he issued the "White Circular" in 1863 appealing for desperately needed foodstuffs for the Confederate army. The depth of need for Florida foodstuffs and other supplies felt by the Confederate army was revealed to Union authorities when the circular found its way into their hands. Some contemporaries and historians believed that it influenced the Union's decision to mount a major expedition in Florida in 1864, which culminated in the Battle of Olustee. The house also served as the meeting place for the Ladies Aid Society which supported the Confederate cause with Mrs. Emily White as the chief organizer and president. Among their activities, this group of women tended to the injured and dying soldiers who were brought to Quincy following the Battles of Olustee and Natural Bridge. The house is currently used as a church parsonage and is not open for tours.