Constructed in c.1858, a second story was added to the building by 1885. This depot was one of the stations on the Pensacola & Georgia Railroad and a center for trade and transportation in Leon County, including the transport of Confederate soldiers and war materials. Local tradition holds that the depot basement was used for the storage of Confederate munitions. It is one of only three known surviving Florida Civil War railroad depots. In 1869, the Pensacola & Georgia Railroad was purchased by, and consolidated with, the Jacksonville, Pensacola & Mobile Railroad.