Jackson's Steakhouse occupies the ground floor of the revitalized 1860's-era building. Jackson's overlooks Plaza Ferdinand - where in 1821, General Andrew Jackson accepted the transfer of Florida from Spain to the United States. In 1998, a group of like minded entrepreneurs were inspired to renovate the old building and open a restaurant in commemoration of this historic event. Today, Jackson's Steakhouse procures only Midwestern grain-fed beed from the heartland of America. The Proprietor's Cut and fresh, local seafood are hand-selected and artistically prepared to perfection. Our great steaks stand tall with the superb flavor of wet-aged beef that is like no other. Over the past deacade, Jackson's has earned the Award of Excellence from Wine Spectator nine times. Also, for eight consecutive years, a recipient of Florida Trend magazine's Golden Spoon Award as well as the recipient of their Hall of Fame Award. Jackson's Steakhouse is placed by the Distinguished Restaurants of North America in the top two percent of all fine dining restaurants in the country.