St. Francis Barracks

Originally constructed in the early to mid-1700s, this building was used as a military barracks first for Confederate troops, and then for Union troops after the Federal occupation of St. Augustine in 1862. Now the headquarters of the Florida National Guard, the Barracks contains a small museum on the military history of Florida, including the Civil War. The museum is open by appointment.