Davis-West House, Chipola Historical Trust Museum
Constructed in c.1840 for local merchant John Davis, it became the home of Dr. Theophilus West upon his marriage to Davis' widowed daughter in March 1861. In May 1861, Dr. West enlisted in the 8th Florida Infantry, and in July 1862 was promoted to assistant surgeon. He served with the regiment in the eastern theater, and he was with the unit when the Confederate Army of Northern Virginia surrendered at Appomattox, Virginia in April 1865. In 1996, the house and its antique furnishings were willed to the Chipola Historical Trust for use as a meeting center and regional history museum.