Springhill Baptist Church and Cemetery
The oldest church in Taylor County, Springhill Missionary Baptist Church was built in 1853 in the area then known as Rosehead. In 1923 the church was burned down by the Ku Klux Klan and many families fled the area in fear of losing their lives and property. Rebuilt with the original church bell in 1925 at its current location, it remains a place of worship. The historic cemetery is located next to the site of the original Springhill Baptist Church at Springhill and Green Streets, about three miles from downtown.