Old Gainesville Depot
A portion of this building was constructed in c.1860. It is the only remaining Civil War railroad depot from the Florida Railroad line which ran from Fernandina to Cedar Key. During the Battle of Gainesville on August 17, 1864, Union troops took up positions along the railroad and in the depot, and were driven out by the Confederate forces. It is one of only three known surviving Florida Civil War railroad depots, the other two being located on the Pensacola & Georgia Railroad line.