Yulee Sugar Mill Ruins Historic State Park

The most imposing feature of the plantation was the sugar mill, located near the Homosassa River. The mill operated for 13 years producing sugar, syrup and molasses which was used to make rum. The mill was abandoned during the Civil War and Yulee's plantation home, located down the river, was burned. The plantation and mill never recovered from the war.

Ranger-Guided Talk & Tour available upon request.This program provides the park visitors with the basic history of the site, the associated 1850 plantation and David Levy Yulee, Florida's first U.S. Senator, and a brief discussion of how the sugar making process occurred. The program lasts about 1 hour, including time for questions and answers. To request this program or for more information call the park at (352) 795-3817.

Amenities

Amenities

Picnic Area

Hours of Operation

Hours: 8 a.m. - sunset; guided tours by appointment only, Open Year-Round

Pet Information

Pets on Leash Allowed