Old Jacksonville Beach Elementary School

Mother Rhoda Martin founded the Jacksonville Beach Elementary School for Colored People. In 1939 the county built a four-room brick school structure, which also served as a community center, well-baby clinic and recreational area for the community. The building was moved to its present location and renovated to house the Rhoda L. Martin Cultural Heritage Museum, depicting the 1939-era school with original furniture and artifacts.