The St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine
The Greek Orthodox Archdiocese has dedicated St. Photios Greek Orthodox National Shrine to the memory of the survivors of the 1768 Turnbull New Smyrna Colony. The survivors had found solace in Avero House which is listed on the National Registry of Historic Places. The museum, chapel and gift shop surround a beautiful garden. The Shrine is located just steps from the historic City Gates and is open Mon. - Sat. 9 a.m. - 5 p.m; Sun. noon - 6 p.m. Donations gratefully accepted.