Catherine Street Fire Station #3

Built in 1902 to replace a fire station destroyed by the Great Jacksonville Fire of May 3, 1901, the station was manned by black firemen for several years. Originally located at 12 Catherine Street, the fire station was moved in 1990 to Metropolitan Park immediately east of downtown Jacksonville. The building was rehabilitated at its new waterfront location to serve as the city's fire museum.